In memory of Togo
4 days and 3 nights
This programme focuses on our friends the huskies and mushing (driving a team of sled dogs).
This tour is perfect for those who want to experience a true Arctic adventure and do so without sacrificing comfort. All nights will be spent at Snowtrail Dogcamp. You will have the chance to observe wildlife in the Arctic wilderness and admire Northern Lights far away from any light pollution. Of course, mushing and time with the adorable huskies will not be missed out.
- Sunday, 20.11. - Wednesday, 23.11.2022
- Thursday, 24.11. - Sunday, 27.11.2022
- Sunday, 27.11. - Wednesday, 30.11.2022
- Thursday, 1.12. - Sunday, 4.12.2022
- Monday, 16.01. - Thursday, 19.1.2023
- Thursday, 19.01 - Sunday, 22.01.2023
- Sunday, 22.01. - Wednesday, 25.01.2023
- Thursday, 26.01. - Sunday, 29.01.2023
- Sunday, 05.03 - Wednesday, 08.03.2023
- Thursday, 09.03. - Sunday, 12.03.2023
- Sunday, 12.03. - Wednesday, 15.03.2023
- Thursday, 16.03. - Sunday, 19.03.2022
- Sunday, 19.03. - Wednesday, 22.03.2023
- Thursday, 23.03. - Sunday, 26.03.2023
- Sunday, 26.03. - Wednesday, 29.03.2023
- Thursday, 30.03. - Sunday, 02.04.2023
Day 1 - Arrival to the camp: On the first day we will pick you up tomorrow at Kiruna airport or at your hotel in town. The drive to Moskojärvi takes about 1 hour. From our parking lot we continue by snowmobile for about 3 km before we reach the camp. Over a hot cup of coffee, which we cook on the open fire, they get acquainted with each other and with the guide. He gives them all the information about the upcoming adventure and is happy to answer their questions.
After everyone is equipped and our lovely dogs are greeted, their guide gives them a short instruction on how to harness a dog, attach it to the gangline and how to drive a dog sled. Once all the dogs are harnessed and ready to go, you will be off on your first introductory and exploratory tour. During this you can get familiar with the dogs, the sled and the equipment.
Back in the camp we will have dinner soon. We spend the evening together and together with the cuddly dogs and go to bed rather early to recover from the many impressions.
Day 2 - Through the wintering grounds of the moose: The day begins with an extensive breakfast. Afterwards, you are welcome to watch and also help feed the dogs. On this day we will drive about 20 to 30 kilometers through forests, snow covered tundra and over frozen rivers and lakes. The area is beautiful and is a wintering ground for moose. So there is a good chance to meet the king of the forest and other wildlife in person. Dinner and overnight at the camp.
Day 3 - Ice fishing at the best places in the area: As always, first thing in the morning we feed the dogs, then it's time for our breakfast. Afterwards we pack our things and go on the trail again. This day we will cover a similar long distance as the day before, again between 25 to 35 kilometers. On the way you will have the opportunity to try your luck at ice fishing at some of the best fishing spots in the area.
Afterwards we will drive back to the camp, where we will enjoy a delicious dinner and spend the night either in one of the cozy rooms or on request and for an extra charge in one of the three Aurora-Huts for 2 persons. There is even a sauna available for us.
Day 4 - Slowly back to civilization: Today is already the last day of our Arctic adventure. Like all previous ones, it starts with feeding the dogs and a delicious breakfast for us humans. After that it is time to head back to civilization.
For this, we enjoy a nice ride on the snowmobile at the end, which takes us back to the parking lot in about 15 minutes. From there we take the minibus back to the city of Kiruna or to the airport.
- Our tours sometimes demand physical performance from you, depending on the weather. An honest assessment of your own fitness is therefore important. This tour requires a minimum level of physical fitness.
- As our programs and activities are dependent on the weather, we reserve the right to make short-term program changes.
- Please let us know as early as possible if you have any special needs, such as food allergies, special dietary habits, etc.
- At the camp there is the possibility to stay in one of the three Aurora Huts (2 person hut with panoramic windows) for an extra charge.
Services included in the program
- All accommodation in 2-4 bedded rooms in the lodge, shared toilets and shower (on request and for an extra charge overnight stay in Aurora Hut possible)
- Full board (breakfast, simple lunch, dinner, soft drinks)
- Mushing jacket, trousers and boots
- We drive with a team consisting of six dogs and 2 sledges per team. So everyone rides their own sled.
What you have to take with you
- Ski jacket, ski pants, winter boots
- warm cap, possibly made of fur
- Finger gloves (wool) for working with the dogs
- thick warm mittens for mushing
- Slippers or hut shoes
- warm woolen socks
- warm underwear
- Headlamp or torch with batteries
To book the program
For travel bookings, the travel agency in your country, with which we work together, is available to you with pleasure and competence. You can find a list of travel agencies here.
For further questions you can contactus.